First let’s quickly get the legal mess out of the way. The FTC has declared that all websites in the US that earn income disclose that information. We earn money from SHTFBlog.com, SurvivalCache.com, Forge Survival Supply, and Secure America through what is called affiliate sales. Certain sites, such as Amazon.com, pay referral fees on sales that were referred from another site. Meaning: if you read about a piece of gear here on SHTFBlog, click on the Amazon link, and then buy the product we will earn a small referral fee. As we mentioned on the “Support” Page, this is how we are able to keep SHTFblog.com and SurvivalCache.com free of ads. We also accept paid advertising in the way of ads on our website. To learn how you can help keep SHTFBlog.com going, please visit our Support page. (hint: It’s Free for You!)
What this does not mean
Please don’t think that we are writing about and recommending products and gear simply to make money from the sales. We certainly are not. I can assure you that everything we write about will have been researched, and if we recommend it as survival gear, it is because we think it would be useful for you in a survival situation. The survival community is full of intelligent people who walk the walk; if we went around recommending useless or crappy gear we would quickly have no reputation as a survival gear website.
What this means for you: 2 Things
1. The flip side of our quality guarantee. If we recommend a piece of gear that is sub-par, we expect you to call us on it. Period. You can leave a comment on the article or Email Us.
2. As we continue to build our site and learn about survival gear, you will know that you can come to SHTFBlog.com or SurvivalCache.com and always find good information on quality gear that is supported by the survivalist community.
Thanks for your support and as always: Be Prepared.
Drew @ SHTFblog
This website and the material covered is for informational purposes only. We take no responsibility for what you do with this knowledge. We can not be held responsible for any property or medical damages caused by items you read about on our website. We would advise you to check your local laws. Some of the items we refer to are illegal in some areas, and we would highly advise you against building these in said areas. Any of the weapons we discuss should never be pointed at a person or animal.
The material taught throughout the Survival Cache, SHTFBlog, TheSurvivalistPodcast.com, TacticalCache.com, websites is for informational purposes only, by taking any information or education material from Survival Cache or our other sites, you assume all risks for the material covered. You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Forge Solutions, LLC from any and all claims and damages as a result of any and all of the information covered.
By taking and/or using any informational resources from SurvivalCache.com, SHTFBlog, SurvivalistPodcast, TacticalCache, you agree that you will use this information in a safe and legal manner, consistent with all applicable laws, safety rules, and good common sense. You further agree that you will take such steps as may be reasonably necessary or required by applicable law to keep any information out of the hands of minors and untrained and/ or immature individuals.
Forge Survival Supply, SecureAmerica, & Amazon sells knives and related merchandise only to individuals who can legally purchase and own such items in the particular jurisdiction where they reside. When you order and purchase any merchandise from Forge Survival Supply, Amazon or SecureAmerica.com , you represent that you are of legal age to purchase this merchandise and that this merchandise can be purchased and owned in your state, county, and/or city of residence.
By offering merchandise for sale, Forge Survival Supply, SecureAmerica, & Amazon do not represent or warrant that any specific purchaser may legally purchase, own, or possess the merchandise ordered. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS!
Knives and related merchandise may be dangerous, even deadly, if used improperly, negligently, and/or illegally. When you purchase merchandise from Forge Survival Supply, SecureAmerica, & Amazon, you agree that you will use the purchased merchandise in a safe and legal manner, consistent with all applicable laws, safety rules, and good common sense. You further agree that you will take such steps as may be reasonably necessary or required by applicable law to keep any merchandise out of the hands of minors and untrained and/ or immature individuals.
When you purchase merchandise from Forge Survival Supply, SecureAmerica, & Amazon, you agree to assume all risks related to and/or arising from your ownership and use of the merchandise and agree to indemnify and hold Forge Survival Supply & Secure America harmless from any and all claims brought by any person or entity against Forge Survival Supply & Secure America related to and/or arising from your ownership and/or use of the merchandise.
Forge Survival Supply & Secure America does its best to accurately represent the merchandise, through photo, price and copy. Occasionally we make mistakes. If such a mistake should occur, your order will be corrected as the facts may dictate. Thank you for your understanding.
All information transmitted, printed or otherwise submitted to SurvivalCache.com, Forge Survival Supply & SecureAmerica.com, SHTFBlog, TacticalCache.com, TheSurvivalistPodcast.com, via this or any other website shall be deemed to be the property of SurvivalCache.com, SurvivalCache.com, and Forge Solutions, LLC, shall be free to use such information for any lawful purpose as detailed herein. This site contains links to other sites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. We reserve the right to release such information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary to comply with the law.
Section 1: Collected Information
We automatically collect and/or track the following:
- Web page http headers (home server domain names, IP address, type of client computer, and type of Web browser);
- information knowingly provided by you through on-line forms, registration forms, surveys, and/or other entries, such as email addresses, personal, financial or demographic information;
- information, user specific or aggregate, on what pages our visitors access; and
- E-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with SurvivalCache.com via e-mail.
Section 2: Use of Data Collected
We use your personal, demographic and profile data to enhance your experience at our site and to enable us to present content we think you might be interested in. We use your contact information to send you information about our company and promotional material from our partners. We may also use your personal, demographic and profile data to improve our site, for statistical analysis, for marketing and promotional purposes, and for editorial or feedback purposes for our advertisers. Information collected by us may be added to our databases and used for future telemarketing, SMS text-messaging, e-mails or postal mailings regarding site updates, new products and services, upcoming events, and/or status of orders placed online. By using this site, you agree that you may be contacted in any manner contemplated in this section even if your number is found on a do not call registry, in-house list or similar registry.
Section 3: Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
If you choose to provide personal information, it will be used for the following purposes:
- considering you for a SHTFBlog.com, SurvivalCache.com, Forge Survival Supply, Forge Solutions, LLC, & SecureAmerica.com product;
- as required by law; and
- for marketing products and services which we determine, in our sole judgment, that you might find of interest. We reserve the right to share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose data we collect to third parties. Any third party we share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose data to will be pre-screened by us, determined by us to be reputable, and will use the personal data for marketing products and services which we determine, in our sole judgment, that you might find of interest.
Section 4: Your Opt-Out Rights
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us and/or our partners by not submitting your information. We also allow you to remove your information from our marketing lists. If you remove your information from our marketing lists it will no longer be used by us to send promotional correspondence to you. You can remove your information from our marketing lists by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send you, or by sending your request, in writing, via email to: contactATSurvivalCacheDOTcom (Please replace “AT” with @ and “DOT” with .)
Section 5: We Do Not Intend to Collect Data from Children
The information and services provided to us or our affiliates, sponsors, and advertisers are not intended to be viewed by children (under 18 years old). No information collected from children is knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside SHTFblog.com or SurvivalCache.com. No part of SHTFblog.com or SurvivalCache.com’s web site is structured to attract anyone under the age of 18.
Section 6: Our Right to Contact You
Section 7: Our Right to Change
Section 8: Our Contact Information
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact us via email sent to: contactATSurvivalCacheDOTcom (Please replace “AT” with @ and “DOT” with .)
Section 9: Anti Spam Policy. Can-Spam Act Compliance
SHTFblog.com or SurvivalCache.com is dedicated to ensuring compliance with the ‘Can-Spam Act’, which took effect January 1, 2004. You may receive email from Survival Cache in the following circumstances:
- Acknowledging your application has been received and requesting additional action
- Requests for additional information to support your current application
- Response to your inquiries regarding the status of your transaction requests
- Thanking you for your valued business
- Advertisements for our products, services, changes in services, new product availability
- Advertisements for third party products and services where we have determined that such product or service may be of interest to our customers
To ensure compliance with the Can-Spam Act, SHTFblog.com or SurvivalCache.com, Forge Survival Supply,Forge Solutions LLC, & Secure America has implemented the following guidelines for email delivery:
- All emails sent to you by Survival Cache will clearly identify Survival Cache or Forge Survival Supply as the sender. FROM / SENDER: someone@SurvivalCache.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (NOTE: The actual sender will alter from department to department, but all from addresses will end with @SurvivalCache.com or @forgesurvivalsupply.com or @secureamerica.com).
- The Subject Line of any email you receive will always accurately describe the subject matter of the email.
- Any email from Survival Life will include the ability to unsubscribe from future email messages.
- Unsubscribing will ensure the customer is removed from ALL lists at Survival Life; this excludes customer service emails regarding the processing and status of a current product.
- All emails sent to you directly by SurvivalCache.com, Forge Survival Supply, Forge Solutions LLC, or SecureAmerica.com include valid postal address information in the footer.
- All third party marketing partners are required to comply with the Can-Spam Act.
- Emails sent to you directly by SurvivalCache.com, SecureAmerica.com, Forge Solutions, LLC or Forge Survival Supply will include an email address and physical address where you can send suggestions, complaints or other correspondence.
Section 10: Information for ISPs
Web site: SurvivalCache.com
Email Address: contactATsurvivalcacheDOTcom
(Please replace “AT” with @ and “DOT” with .)
SHTFblog.com or SurvivalCache.com, Forge Survival Supply, Forge Solutions LLC, & Secure America understands consumers’ concerns over the use of their personal information. We hope this information will relieve any concerns your company may have regarding our email policies. Survival Life and its affiliated sites use only an “opt-in or opt out” method of obtaining customer information, and it is not our policy or desire to send unsolicited email. We obtain email addresses and personal information from third parties that follow the same set of policies. SurvivalCache.com, Forge Survival Supply & Secure America email messages sent always include information about the origin of the emails and instructions on how recipients can unsubscribe from receiving future email messages.
From time to time, SurvivalCache.com, Forge Survival Supply, Forge Solutions, LLC, & Secure America will enter into an arrangement with a third party website to allow individuals to opt into our marketing program on those third party websites. In each case the third party websites have represented and warranted to us, among other things,
- that the data was collected voluntarily from individuals on website registrations and co-registrations,
- that the sellers have a right, under any applicable privacy statements, to transfer the data to us, and
- that SurvivalCache.com, Forge Survival Supply, Forge Solutions LLC, & Secure America has the right to send marketing offers to the individuals.
We hope this information satisfies any questions or concerns you may have regarding the email practices of SHTFblog.com or SurvivalCache.com, Forge Survival Supply, Forge Solutions, LLC, & Secure America. If you have additional questions or wish to discuss this matter further, please contact us at: contactATSurvivalCacheDOTcom (Please replace “AT” with @ and “DOT” with .)