S.L.A. Marshall, in his 1947 book, “Men Against Fire,” proclaimed that in combat, no more than 25% of the soldiers will fire their weapons. Marshall was the chief U.S. Army combat historian during WWII. The statistic was repeated by others and quickly become accepted as fact. He claimed that the other 75% were restrained by a reluctance to kill and that they expected “heroes” to emerge to do it for them.
This raises an interesting question for you SHTF-ers. Let’s say S DID HTF and you’re 5 months into TEOTWAWKI. You’re heading into town to scour for anything that might be edible, because you’re family is becoming dreadfully thin. You go – armed. You’re just “Average Joe” simply looking to feed your family. You’re a good guy . . . and then you’re fired upon. You see it’s another family man, another good guy. You see his hungry kids. YOU, my friend, are food.
Do YOU return fire?
Do YOU have a SHTF state of mind?
Of course you do , your life is on the line. Only 25% would fire their guns, though . . . that just doesn’t sound right – does it? Well . . . it would appear . . . it’s not. Apparently Mr. Marshall never conducted research. His claim was fictitious, and so were other claims he made, like how he supposedly led men into combat during WWI. He didn’t – he did road work behind the lines.
When shit hits the fan, party peeps, people will lay down lead – have no doubt.
Newsweek source on Marshall’s lies: http://www.newsweek.com/id/76997
Oil Watch: Wow, and we were doing so well . . . it’s baaaa-aaaack! Up $4.37 a barrel today – ka-chow! – back to $94.39 a barrel. The government also upped its price projections on oil . . . strangely enough, these are their projections: $67 a barrel in 2010 and $72 a barrel in 2030. Yaaaa, OKAY! Are they out of their mind? Look at today’s prices. The government claims that more resources will come online in the next few years . . . ya, meanwhile many millions of people in India and China ARE BUYING CARS! Hellll-ooooo!
In other upbeat news, the U.S. is on track to increase its carbon dioxide emissions 25% by 2030. This is on top of huge projected increases from India and China. Aaaaah, fun in the global warming sun. I live in Maine, we’ll have North Carolina weather before long . . . of course, you wouldn’t know it if you looked out my window right now.
Government projections source: http://money.cnn.com/2007/12/12/news/economy/oil_outlook/index.htm?postversion=2007121217
Iran Watch: Iran tested a new missle with a range of 2,000 kilometers. The new missle uses a solid fuel – a big improvement. Source: http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1196847322495&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
Also on Iran, French President Sarkozy (I kinda like this guy) claims “a danger of war” exists with Iran: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=071212170119.e60b1ecw&show_article=1
This Iran scene will come to a head, SHTF homies. It’s just a matter of whether it’ll be in 2008 or later.
Lastly, in yet another sign the apocalypse is near, South Koreans have cloned cats that . . . yep, glow in the dark: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=071212210021.3u7d8gpx&show_article=1