Not long ago I got a request from Brad over at Full Spectrum Survival to help out with a video they’re putting together. Basically it’s a series of DVDs on how to survive just about anything, or as they say on their page:
Creating The Ultimate Survival DVD Series. Skills that you need to survive everything from an earthquake or nuclear disaster, to a pandemic or the apocalypse.
Pretty bold undertaking and personally I’d like to see them succeed so I can get a copy. Here’s an example of their first DVD called, “The Core Skills.”
The Core Skills:
The first DVD will be “The Core Skills” that everyone should have. This and each video will begin with a “cinematic” micro movie, a short film showing both the need and the use of the skills that are taught in the DVD. This DVD is the foundation of knowledge that the entire series is built upon.
Some of the core skills include:
– The Science of Fire, Shelter, Water, Food, and Security
– Building and retaining a fire in all weather conditions
– Water Purification and Identifying Waterborne Illness
– First Aid (Trauma Assessment and Handling)
– Security and Weapons Tactics (For use with and without firearms)
– The First Ten Steps To Survival
– Building and Using The Ultimate Bug Out Bag
– Personal and Home Security
– Overall Communication Methods
– Escape and Evasion Techniques (How to get away and not be found)
– Identifying Skills
– Creating a Family or Group Standard Operating Procedure
– Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Decontamination
Sound off below!