Yeah right (storing beans), while that information might be useful, writing such a post would excite me about as much as . . . well it wouldn’t excite me at all. Describing the intricacies of corrugated cardboard would be more exciting. The truth is, I don’t have a specific topic for today’s post, just a medley of misc. SHTF sweetness. PLUS – I figured maybe with that post title I might make the list at survivalistnews.com, since my posts like the AR-15 DeWalt Nail Gun and “Buns and Guns” don’t make the site. Nope . . . . . maybe if I’d written YET ANOTHER post on the declining economy I’d have received a link. Hmmmm . . . the economy sucks or . . . . Buns and Guns . . . . lol, seriously, though. I do appreciate the survivalistnews links . . . when I get them.
Let’s see now, totally random thoughts:
- Somebody linked to me at warrifles.com yesterday – thank you.
- It’s SHTF time the last several nights in my daughter’s bedroom. She’s been waking up in the middle of the night calling for Mom or Dad, saying things like “the sound of breathing woke me up,” or “green fairy dust is falling from the ceiling, and it’s scary,” or “I don’t like those shadows” . . . . *insert Twilight Zone theme music* . . . . anyone know how to perform an exorcism? Yes, it’s an old house (1912) and perhaps I’ll post some day about how I was ATTACKED by a ghost late one night when I was rebuilding the dumb waiter to haul firewood to the 2nd floor. Remind me.
- Update on my groundhog battle – there is no update, haven’t seen him in a while.
- Worrbaron, send me an e-mail, bro. I’ve got a couple questions about the raging cool Urban Rifle class you took at raging cool Weaponcraft. You know how to reach me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’m sensing that we need a post from Betty the SHTFblog Survival Babe in the near future. Stay tuned.
– Ranger Man
BTW: My mom sent me this link for all of you, “walking catfish” come up out of the storm drains in Florida. This would make for easy gathering of meat . . . storm drain fish . . . . . errrr . . . . yummy?