Jarhead and I need help … we also need writing help. We both enjoy writing for a growing prepper audience here, but like most everyone else, we’re exceptionally busy. Jarhead has a little one on the way and besides all of life’s demands, he’s also consistently writing 3 blog posts a week. I’ve got my hands in too many things as it is, and besides the 2 posts a week I write, I deal with all of the site maintenance, reader emails, etc.
We’re looking to expand the SHTF Blog team – we need another writer, preferably someone to write 2 posts a week. Are YOU that person? We’ve both tried reaching out to various people, but have had little luck doing so. Everyone seems busy. I’m writing this post in hopes of finding someone. If you’re not that person, maybe you know someone that could be? Help us out.
- A basic understanding of survivalism/preparedness. You don’t need to be an expert by any means, but you need to know the basics. One of the best things I’ve found about writing here is that if there’s something I don’t know, I have an audience that I can ask.
- Basic blogging skills. We can help show someone the WordPress ropes, but we don’t have time to modify posts all the time. We need someone that we can rely on to write/schedule the post on assigned days, someone that can sign in to the site and take care of it him or herself.
- You need basic writing skills, know how to write in complete sentences, know the difference between there, their and they’re; to, two and too; etc.
- Willingness to engage readers.
Ideal candidate would be:
- A Female – that’s not being sexist, it’s me looking for a little gender diversity here. There are far fewer female survival bloggers, so this might be a bit much to ask.
- New England based – I’m sure we’ll have a hard time finding someone, but it’d be nice to keep the Maine/New England feel we’ve come to establish here.
- Someone with a good sense of humor – we’re easy to work with. You should be, too.
That’s about it – easy, huh? I know what you’re wondering, yes, the person would get paid; but don’t get your hopes up too high. Despite the number of advertisers on our site, we don’t make that much money (advertising rates are low). Pay is negotiable and would depend on quality of writing, interest in marketing the site, etc.
Contact me at shtfblog @ gmail if you or someone you know might be interested. I’ll want a few sample posts. Please help spread the word.
– Ranger Man