Hey SHTFblog readers, Betty here, announcing grand news!
However, before I begin let me send kisses and hugs to Weaponcraft for their SHTFblog ad renewal – for an extended period! When asked about a renewal Weaponcraft said the ad has been “well worth the money.” Of course, it helps that we’re cheap! 😉
Whether you live in Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts or Maine, Weaponcraft is YOUR place for professional firearms training. Tell ’em SHTFblog sent you.
Now, on to the show!
SHTFblog’s daily traffic record was shattered on Saturday!
This is a rundown of our previous records:
12/21/08 – 1,250 hits – Survival Blog links to the blog
Check the NEW Record:
and we’re expecting good numbers today; as of 6:19am EST on 7/21/08 we’re at 997 hits
*the crowd cheers*
Yes, thank you, thank you very much. Ranger Man and I are most excited, but . .
Here are other referral sources from 7/19/08:
- 2cents.dailyreckoning.com – sent 92 hits (thank you to the person submitting the link)
- survivalblog.com – sent 29 hits
- survivalistnews.com – sent 28 hits
- tslrf.blogspot.com – sent 18 hits
- theurbansurvivalist.blogspot.com – sent 15 hits
- bisonsurvivalblog.blogspot.com – sent 10 hits
- and others!
Providing all of these behind-the-scenes blog statistics isn’t done by bloggers often. It’s like . . . taking our clothes off. But don’t expect to see me in my panties again anytime soon.
Ranger Man and I think all of you for your support and links. Whether you’ve done your Amazon shopping through our link, bought a book, or just spread the TEOTWAWKI word, we’re a team here. We’re in this mission – together!
While I’m here, I might as well give you some of my random preparedness tips:
- After I steam vegetables for eating, I don’t dump the water! No baby, it’s full of goodness like plant vitamins. Let it cool and pour it on your herbs and houseplants. It’s nutrient filled H20.
- There’s an American Folk Saying that “A hit with a .22 beats a miss with a .44.” Boys have big guns, girls have better aim.
- Gentlemen, when TEOTWAWKI hits, buzz your head! Don’t try for a haircut unless you know a stylist, sugar. A buzz cut is brainless, you can even shave it. It’s easier to keep clean. Shave the shampoo for the ladies. Post-doomsday baldness will look intimidating . . . and sexy.
- Clint Smith once said, “Full-auto is a good way to turn money into noise.” Keep that in mind, sugar baby. Make sure you ain’t compensating for something else . . . to quote my homegirl Shania Twain, “That’d don’t impress me much.”
Until next time,
Ranger Man BTW: Busted fridge update, repair man is coming today, under warranty, and they’ll cover up to $250 worth of lost food. Let’s see, at today’s grocery prices, $250 is about what . . . 5 paper bags full? One thing that proved helpful is we’d previously filled empty space in our basement freezer with milk jugs of frozen water. This was done as an energy saving technique, but also for a – should the power go out – keep the frozen goods frozen longer technique. When the fridge died, we used those frozen jugs of water to keep milk cool in a Coleman cooler. We didn’t have to buy outrageously priced blocks of ice at the supermarket.
Looks like the U.S. sending a senior diplomat to speak with Iran was – useless. Iran skirted the nuke subject. Stockpile cash and gas, folks. We’re heading toward WAR!
Lastly, here’s a good article on consumers changing their spending habits.