SHTFBlog Predictions for 2013
Note: If you’ve made a comment and it’s not showing up it’s because we’re having a connection problem with Defensio Spam. This will usually work itself out in a day or so. Your comments are there, they just need to be released by the spam blocker.
Last year I wrote a post about predictions for 2012. Only I wasn’t making predictions – I was asking for them and here’s how you responded
If I were going to pick a winner or winners I’d have to go with Jason and Michael’s prognostications.
Here’s what Jason had to say:
1. Economy will not crash, it’s an election year.
The economy will never crash, we have lived with increasing debt since 1778 & it’s just the way it is. The US leads the world economy & will continue to do. There will be adjustments as we’ve done for years but so what, we will chug along. It is very complicated because of many new variable we have today but we are not too far off (in a relative way) from where we were economically when we severed the tie with England.
2. Oil – will remain relatively the same, once again it’s an election year.
Our dependence upon oil isn’t solely from Iran & if we decide that we want to bring them to their knees, we’ll do like we did in ’79 & ’80 & just embargo them. We carry a huge stick since we consume a billion barrels of oil everyday. We constantly make inroads with other nations to offset problems like this & now pumping our own grounds like North Dakota, bypassing the objections & actions of the environmentalists – funny how that worked eh?
However, if Iran decides to go into a real war with Israel (not trade a few missiles & planes), then you will see some very spooky times because it could escalate to nukes very quickly & if it does – hold on to your hats. Not to be preachy here but Armageddon is located in Israel (coming from the Hebrew – har megiddo or the modern area of Megiddo).
3. US Election – don’t know who will win but it will be different for sure – the best marketer will win the election.
If the mainstream continues down its same path, they will make Ron Paul look like a lunatic like they did with Ross Perot years ago. Our government is a closed system like a good old boys club & they will protect themselves by continuing to confuse us with distractions & manipulate outcomes.
My favorite saying is “believing is seeing” and that’s what “they” will continue to create & do. Remember, Obama had near ZERO experience in politics or law & he got elected & is probably not a true native born citizen. That proved the experiment that it is possible create something from nothing.
Our only hope for change is the popular vote.
4. The end of the world in December 2012? No but anyone of us could get hit by a bus making the above points moot so, only concern yourselves with that with which you can control & enjoy life because it’s all just an illusion!
And here’s what Michael predicted:
1. Things will improve moderately, but most people wont realize that lower personal debit levels, more savings in the bank, fewer people dying in car smashes, a slightly healthier population over all, and actually doing something productive with your time, are improvements (what, I can’t log into Face Book 20 times a day? My life is over!). Most people will still be pissed that they had to sell off their 46″ TV and SUV and that the can’t afford to eat fast food 5 times a week. Never mind that they’re now closer to debit free then they’ve ever been and they weight 15 pounds less than they used to.
2. Oil prices will go up a little, but a continued drop in the amount of gasoline that American’s use (down 6% in 2011) will offset the increased oil price so gasoline will stay about the same.
3. Food prices will go up and thanks to the increase in world wide funky weather and a globalized food market, we’ll see a few shortages (but nothing hard core) in America and a few riots in the third world.
4. This years trend of decreased levels of over all crime and violence, but increased levels of murder-suicides and police shootings will continue.
5. Police will respond to increased levels of police getting shot at with increased violence, even when it’s not warranted, and we’ll see a couple of inner-cities erupt in rioting.
6. Obama will win re-election and the federal government will continue its slide into irrelevancy.
7. Historically multi-generational households and extended families living close together were the norm. We’ll see the trends of people shifting back to multi-generational households and extended families moving closer together continue and we’ll see the media continue to treat this as an anomaly and a bad thing, not normal human behavior and an improvement.
8. The positive trends of eating less fast food and fixing and mending things instead of just throwing them out will continue and the media will continue to treat these as bad things and a side effect of the recession.
- Michael January 2, 2012 
- Guess I should note that I think what’s going on with Iran right now is just political theater. Having a boogie man serves both governments well.
Well done, guys!
Just about everybody who responded was right about Obama getting reelected and 2012 not being the end of the world.
Here’s what I’d like you to predict for this year:
1. Economy – crash or no crash? Slow steady decline? Things will start to slowly get better? Will Europe drag us down? Will we chug along at the same pace? What do you think?
2. Oil – will oil prices go up, down, or remain the same? Why?
3. Will gun laws tighten down because of the many shootings around the United States lately? Newtown, Conn
., the Firemen shot in Rochester, New York
, a police officer and bystander shot and killed after a Houston car chase
, and so forth. Or will this eventually be swept under the rug?
4. Predict something I haven’t asked about. Something important like a war, or a volcano, or something that really proves your psychic ability and makes me want to hire you here at SHTFBlog as the resident psychic!